Saturday, March 11, 2017

Guitar Case #1

The new semi-hollow guitar is too large for most pre-made guitar cases, so I decided to build one.  I looked at a few online to base this off of, including one buried in one of Scatter Lee's builds.  After seeing someone else asking about an odd sized case, I thought this would be worth doing a build thread on.

Quick drawing of the dimensions for the case.


Some 1/4" plywood that I hope has two sections large enough to use the the top and bottom.  We will see.  I have not measured or inspected too carefully yet.


A few pieces of poplar I picked up at Lowe's to make the case out of. 


My fancy jig.  Easy, quick way to make sure I get the lengths close to the consistent.


Clamped together so I can sand the edges, and get the pieces actually even in length.


One of my helpers doing a little sanding.


My other helper.


And a quick check to verify that the guitar will fit.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home